Archbishop Moeller

Archbishop Moeller

Archbishop Moeller

Address: 9001 Montgomery Road Cincinnati, OH 45242

Contact: Charles Lytle


Moeller High School had its beginning in the fall of 1958 when Archbishop Karl J. Alter appointed Monsignor Edward A. McCarthy and Brother Paul Sibbing, S.M., to supervise the planning and construction of a new school. This new school was possible because of the overwhelming response of the Catholic people of the Cincinnati area to the Archbishop’s High School Fund Campaign. Archbishop Alter named the school Archbishop Moeller High School as a living tribute to the Reverend Fourth Archbishop of the Cincinnati Archdiocese, the Most Reverend Henry Moeller. Archbishop Henry Moeller instilled new life into the rapidly growing Cincinnati archdiocese. During his tenure, the Fenwick Club was established; the Bureau of Catholic Charities was created; a new seminary building was erected in Norwood; and the development of the archdiocesan school system was pioneered. After more than 20 years of leadership, Archbishop Moeller died on January 5, 1925.

Scroll to Top

Add a Listing

"*" indicates required fields

Listing Address
Contact Name*

Send a Comment

"*" indicates required fields

Add a Listing

"*" indicates required fields

Listing Address
Contact Name*