Carnton Plantation

Carnton Plantation

Carnton Plantation

Address: 1345 Eastern Flank Circle Franklin, TN 37064


In 1830, Fountain Branch Carter built a one-and-a-half story brick house just south of downtown Franklin for his small family. He and his wife Polly had twelve children, nine of whom reached adulthood. The sons included Moscow Branch (1825), James Fountain (1831), Samuel Atkinson (1833), Theodrick IV “Tod” (1840), and Francis Watkins (1842). The daughters were Mary Alice (1835), Sarah Holcomb (1837), Annie Vick (1838), and Frances Hodge (1844).

Scroll to Top

Add a Listing

"*" indicates required fields

Listing Address
Contact Name*

Send a Comment

"*" indicates required fields

Add a Listing

"*" indicates required fields

Listing Address
Contact Name*